Monday, June 29, 2009

Good day

Today was another big day for Davis. I took her to the doctor for her six month checkup and shots. While we waited for the doctor she played with toys and was so adorable. She is still tall and skinny and very healthy. She got her last round of shots for awhile and reacted okay. She cried so hard for about a couple of minutes then calmed down. I had purposely scheduled her appointment during her morning nap time so she would be exhausted and take an extra long nap when we got home. That was the plan in my head and luckily that is exactly what happened. We got home and I gave her some Tylenol and laid her in her crib. She slept for 2 1/2 hours. WAHOOOO! Her morning nap is normally and hour to an hour and half so this is was great. After the long nap she woke in a great mood and ready to have a great day. So we went out and ran some errands and then hung by the pool. Davis loves the water she kicks her legs and splashes while laughing and smiling. It is so fun to be with her at the pool and watch her have so much fun. After the pool I wanted to keep her awake so we could do our regular bedtime so we went for a walk, ate dinner, and played in the exersaucer. So now she is sleeping like a champ and I am getting in my much needed quiet time with myself. I love the time I have with her, but I do love the time of night when I get to sit and relax with my blog and a good book. (deep sigh of comfort) Good day... We'll hope for another tomorrow.
This was the face I saw when she woke up from her nap. Does she look like she ready to have a good time or what? Also notice the band aid poor baby she had two shots in each leg.
She sleeps in her tummy. It is funny how she started out hating being on her tummy. She would scream bloody murder during every minute of tummy time when she was younger. Now she just can't get enough of tummy time. Just like a real woman can't make up her mind.

No comments: