Monday, June 15, 2009

One Down...

So we made it through our first week of camps and started week two. The first week was actually pretty easy for both me and Davis. We woke up every morning and went walking with the gals and took morning naps together. It was fun to have my friend Meghan and her daughter Cali come over to bake some cupcakes and make cheesecake. The treats were awesome and it was so fun to watch the girls. Poor Davis wants to walk and move so badly. She watches other kids walk around and flail on the floor hoping that one it will produce movement. She getting better though she gets her knees under her but doesn't know what to do from there. So I think she will be crawling soon which I have mixed feeling about. I love watching her learn new things but I like being able to keep her in one spot and get things done. So anyway we also got Justin's father's day present together. I wanted to get it done way early so we didn't have to scramble at the end and not have things turn out how I wanted them to. Davis slept great and was an absolute angel the whole week. I know that heavenly father has blessed me with a great baby in hopes that I will still want more. It's also a tender mercy of the lord, knowing how hard this would be all by myself he blessed me with Davis and her beautiful patient spirit. I love life!!

By the time Thursday came around I was so excited to see Justin. It was great getting to hug him and have his warm body back in bed with me. It was so cute to see how excited he was to be the first person to peek over the crib in the morning. Friday we went to Cafe Rio for lunch and a birthday party for our friends daughter. Saturday I had to proctor a test so I left the house at 6:30am and her got daddy Davis time all morning. When I got home it was family time!!! We really just sat around the house ran errands did boring stuff... but we did it together and that was so nice. Saturday night went to dinner with some good friends of ours. We went out for sushi and then to a chorale concert in the Provo Tabernacle. Then to Coldstone where Justin got his usual mint ice-cream with cookie dough and gummy bears GUMMY BEARS! I know it is crazy but he loves it. It was so great to have him home and spend time as a family, unfortunately Sunday morning I drove him to the airport for his flight to Baltimore for the week. I didn't anticipate being apart being this hard. At least I have little lady to keep me occupied, and believe me she does!


Oh I almost forgot... but not really Davis has TWO TEETH!!! I knew they were close because you could feel them just under the gums. She wasn't fussy or irritable so I thought it would be a while before they came in. I was wrong Yesterday which was Sunday June 14, 2009 they popped through. She didn't have a single problem and I would have known I was a by myself with her for five days and she was not fussy ever. So sitting up, eating real food, two teeth, and almost crawling. Make it stop I'm not ready for her to leave the infant stage. I guess though it is another testimony that this whole parenting thing is not about me, it is about her gaining as much of the things that she needs as she can. (I just wish it could go slower :))
Her first play date. I need to teach her not to squeeze other kids heads. At least she can defend herself.
Second food:PEAS she was a little sketchy at first but she eats them like a champ now. Carrots are next!

She loves to sleep with something to cuddle. This is the teddy bear that Dad got her for her first Christmas.

This little was awesome for teething. I put an ice cube in it and she just sucked and sucked.

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home glad as I can be!!! She sits so calmly with him. And only with him they are two peas in a pod.

He is such a happy dad. We miss him tons when he is gone and look forward to every weekend we get him all to ourselves.

These are just some pics of her sitting in her reading chair all by herself. She was so happy and making some funny faces.

AAHHHH!!! She is testing out her pipes.

"Stop taking so many pictures of me!"

Just Plain cute is all I can say.

1 comment:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yeah for teeth! She is too cute :)