Sunday, June 7, 2009

Real Food and Food for thought

Last week Davis was having some issues eating. She went from eating 24oz like a hippo to eating about 12oz. Of course I being the high strung anxiety ridden person that I am starting freaking out. I called everyone I knew and asked them if I should worry, they all asked the same thing "well how is she acting?" That was the funny thing she was amazingly happy. She was her giggly smiley and content self. After much calming from Justin (thank goodness for him) I decided until there was something to freak about I wouldn't. So I just fed her when she was hungry and stopped when she was full. During this time also we were praying that we would be able to figure out how to fix this.So we did doing this for a couple days when we went to my aunt and uncles to watch a movie. I told my aunt novella about the situation and she asked whether we has started solid foods or not. All we had done was rice cereal in her bottles but no real food. For some reason I thought that we needed to wait until she was six months. Novella said that might be her way of telling us that she ready for solids. I trust her so much she has five kids and is a great mother so the next day I went out and got sweet potato's. I love that they make baby food idiot proof by putting numbers on them labeling which ones should go first. So on Thursday I fed her her morning bottle with rice cereal. Her second bottle was just formula. Then instead of her afternoon bottle we set up the bumbo with her tray and a bib. Right from the first bite she was awesome. She loved it, and did great. I made most of the mess trying to figure out the best way to get it in her mouth. She smiled and made cute little noises the whole time. Justin even tried his hand at feeding her she just giggled at him. I couldn't believe how well she did she would open her mouth wide an just swallow. She didn't do the tug thrust thing, she kept almost all of it in her mouth. Of course there was a mess from me and her wanting to put her fingers in her mouth at the same time. It was almost like she was saying finally mom this is what I have been wanting. I am so glad she can't talk because I am sure she would make feel real stupid a lot for not catching on fast.

First bite of real food EVER!!!


Not quite sure what to think yet.


MMMMMMM!



Dad's turn.


The aftermath. Not bad for her first time I think.



I can't even express how grateful I am to have so many great woman in my life to teach me how to be a better mom. I am continually amazed at how much of this mom thing is instinctual, but I am also glad I go to others who have been where I am to help with the stuff that isn't exactly natural. At first I was a little slow to ask for help because I figured since it was my baby I should know what was best. But then I think about other areas of my life and how much I help I need in them. I see how my heavenly father has given me a prophet, a Book of Mormon, and so many other things to help me along my way. So now that I am a mom I see that he has also blessed me again with so many people and things to help. I don't need have all the answers I just need to have faith that someone does and that the lord will lead me to those people. Writing this has made me think of the amazing lesson we had today in relief society. I have to say that in my ward I am blessed that it is really a relief to go be among so many supportive great woman. It is a testimony to me that the lord leads us, because I need these woman in my life right now during this exact time. Anyway we talked about visiting teaching and how it is through us that the lord can reach out to his daughters. My beautiful president didn't say daughters though she called us his little girls. It may seem like semantics but it reminded me that we really are just his little children. He knows our struggles and feels every once of pain and sorrow that we feel. I know though that in those times he will send people to comfort and hold you up. Our Job is to look at those around us like he would look at them. If we can do that then he can use us to bless his children. We also had a musical number that perfectly expressed our heavenly fathers love. We're not sent here to go through this life alone. I may be repeating myself but he will always send help, we just have to be willing to accept and recognize it.


Here are the words of the song. He'll Carry You BY: Hilary Weeks


He knows your heart He knows your pain He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today He sees the tears that you cry He knows your soul is aching to know why He hears your prayers each humble word When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood He knows the path that you will find Though you felt alone he’s never left your side Chorus:He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words Could take away your sorrow And no human eyes could see what you’re going through When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do He will lift your heavy load and carry you He’ll bring you peace and leave you hope And in the darkest night he’ll comfort you Until you know the sun will rise and each new day You will have the strength to live again Chorus: And when there are moments when no earthly words can take away your sorrow And no human eyes could see what you’re going through When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do He will lift your heavy load and carry you He hears you when you’re crying in the night He hears you when your soul longs to find Till the morning will come And the light of the dawn reassures Chorus:That in the moments when no earthly words can take away your sorrow And no human eyes could see what you’re going through When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do He will lift your heavy load and carry you

1 comment:

lacee k said...

Shan you are AMAZING and I absolutely love you! Thank you for your sweet testimony! You're a great example and strength to me honey! Little Davis is absolutely precious and I love that she's eating "solids"! Presh! We need to do lunch and play at the pool, and finish/start our summer bucket list adventures k?!