Sunday, June 28, 2009

Growing up

This week marked a big week in Davis' life. She is half a year old... six months has flown by. She is so different but the same at the same time. She has grown and learned so many new things but when I look at her she is still the little girl I brought home from the hospital. With Justin gone so much I get to spend all the time with her and see all the little milestones that she is hitting. Here are just a few:
*Rolls over both ways (but stays mostly on her tummy)
*Smiles and laughs all day long
*Sits up nice and tall for LONG periods of time while playing with toys.
*She is awake more during the day. Only taking two naps a morning and afternoon.
*She makes noises and jabbers all day long. Especially when in her exersaucer.
*While on her tummy she can turn herself in circles and play with toys.
*Sits up in the bath tub and plays with the bubbles
*Can get her knees underneath her, she is close to crawling. (something that I can definitely wait for to do)
*Recognizes me and Justin and gets excited when we are around.
*She is eating real food, so far sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and green beans.
*Drinks water out of a sippy cup
*Loves to watch other kids and tries to join in even though she immobile
*Did I mention that gibber jabbers all day I just love listening to all her new noises. I especially love it when she mimics me or Justin.
*She loves to stand on her feet and act like she is running after the kitty
*She loves being at the pool in the water. She will kick and flail her arms and splash. All this while laughing and screaming her high pitched loud scream.
*When you peak over her crib in the morning she kicks her legs and gives us the biggest smile (which then puts the biggest smile on my face I feel like it might split in half.)
*She is so bright eyed and anxious to experience all that life has to offer. I love being there with her and help her learn all these things. I can't wait to see what the next six months will hold for our little family. (because trust me these first six months were jam packed with changes)


One Week Old

Two Months old


Six months old. It was so much harder getting her to sit still long enough to get a picture. PS notice how gigantic her hands are, they are in the millionth percentile. And she will play the piano with those things.
Six month stats:
Head size: 16.2 in
Weight: 16.8 lbs. 70th percentile
Length: 27.2 95th+ percentile

She wanted to roll over and grab everything on the counter, which is a regular occurrence when she is sitting in her bumbo while I get ready. It is great bonding time for us, it is when we talk about what we are going to do for the day. I also fill her in on what is going on in the news. I hope this is a tradition we can keep up.

This was on one of our walks in the morning. It was so adorable to watch these two he talked and used his hands to emphasize and she just gazed up at him with adoring eyes. They kept holding hands and talking the whole time. I wish all of life was this innocent and pure.




She trying to fit all her fingers her mouth. Another talent of hers.

No comments: