Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The sleeper hold


When was littler and I say that because she is still little. Anyway when she was littler there was one sure fire way to get Davis to sleep. It is called the sleeper hold. I know it sounds a little harsh but that is the best to describe what it did to her. I would wrap her up, lay her on her side facing my body then hold her tight. I loved having her pushed so close to my body and feeling her little physique start to calm and go to that comfortable calm state of sleep. The last two months though this sleeper hold has not been the sure fire answer like it used to be. She has become very active and squirmy so it is hard to get her to be still long enough to actually hold her that way. But tonight it was like I had my little baby back. We did our regular routine and I fed her in the rocking chair as the last part of the routine. Normally I just put her right in the crib so she can put herself to sleep, but tonight since she was already dosing I held on a little bit longer. I laid her on her side and held her tight to my body once again. She was calm, quiet and content and in my arms. I couldn't help but hold her longer as she slipped into her dreams. Watching her sleep while her hand gently rests on my neck was all I needed in the world. With all the craziness, disappointment, frustration, stress that life can hold it is moments like this with my daughter that keeps me going. I go to bed so I can have energy to give her all the things and attention she needs. And I also get out of bed in the morning so I can see her smiling face as I peak over her crib. She is the greatest thing I have ever done in my life.

3 comments:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Awww...I know exactly what you mean. There is nothing sweeter than knowing that they are so content being asleep with you. Unfortunately, in the next few months all the cuddliness goes completely away! It sucks! But I'll admit, sometimes once Merrick is completely completely asleep, I pick him up and lay down with him and act like we're cuddling :)

Laurie said...

Oh, I'm right there with ya! I'm soooo tired in the morning when she wakes up, but then I look over at her in her co-sleeper and she gets the HUGEST grin. I can't help but want to eat her up, she's so cute! We are lucky ladies, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the decrease issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=aimersoft dvd studio pack 1.1.41 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you partake of the black methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg