Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had our ward Christmas party a couple weeks ago while Justin was in Hawaii. I was so excited to have Davis see Santa for the first time. I was also sad because Justin was going to miss seeing his little girl sit cute and peacefully on Santa's lap and smile. She has never had a problem with people or animals so I figured that Santa was no problem. We waited in line and played with other kids and talked she was happier even than usual which is hard for her because she is pretty much perfect all the time. We walked into the room and walked up to Santa... She took one look at him and was not having any of it. I kinda froze because freaking out was not part of the plan. So I gathered my thoughts and threw her on his lap snapped a picture and bolted. Luckily they had someone there taking pictures so it all took a split second. I walked away mortified that my child was the one that didn't like Santa, but as I walked down the hall I heard another terrified cry coming from the Santa room. I feel bad but I am glad someone else had a Santa melt down too.

2 comments:

Pete&Laurie said...

I like Santa's fireplace!

Erica said...

Ruby won't go near Santa either! But the picture of a crying child makes for great memories!