Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beach Day

Today since Justin left early this morning and My family was all at a wedding I decided to pack up with Davis and head to the beach. Growing up whenever I needed some cheering up I would drive down Kanan road and sit at the beach. It was the perfect way to relax and just get a clear perspective on life. So that is what we did, we sat and relaxed. The weather was beautiful it wasn't warm to go in the water but it was sunny and quiet. The waves were beautiful and there was no wind at all. I could have sat there forever. It took Davis a minute or two to get used to the feeling of sand on her feet, and sure how to deal with it at first. She warmed up fast and was truckin around in no time. She walked with me down to the water where she proceeded to wave at everyone who walked by. There was this adorable mom there with her kids and Davis sure liked them. She waved and smiled made them laugh. The mom was a great lady and we had a wonderful talk about being a mom and all the joys it brings. As we were talking I was watching Davis be so cute and happy and I fell in love with her again. This year has been very good and very challenging, and she has made all of it better. It was fun to be at the beach with her and watching her have as much fun there as I had growing up.
So here is a full recap of the day:
Beach
Figuring out the sand
Loving the sand
Running and walking everywhere
Getting very close to the water and being very brave
Being cute and waving to everybody around
Getting to know a cute family
Chasing seagulls
Feeding seagulls cheerios
chasing more seagulls
cuddling with me while watching the waves
and of course making everyone around smile
Falling asleep about a minute after getting in her car seat
took a 2 hour nap (she hasn't done that this whole vacation)
I could do this everyday!!!




Here is the view from one of the turn offs on Kanan road.

Love

Sitting watching the waves and having my baby girl close is heaven.

Cuddle bug!

Just the two of us

Plyo training on the beach. She has start some time right.

Her and this seagull had a ten minute stare down. The seagull blinked first for sure.

The cute family that was so sweet to me and Davis.

Davis was waving at the family behind me. Look at those eyes!
Sand in the toes

Love

She was just looking at the sand on her feet. This is when she was unsure about what to think about it.

This was a good day, we might repeat it tomorrow.

1 comment:

novella said...

Shannon, these photo's are SO great!! You have some wonderful, precious memories, enjoy the sand and sun, its snowing big time here. Love you!!