Thursday, December 24, 2009

The girl turned 1!!


Yesterday was Davis' first birthday. I really can't believe that it has been a year already with our little angel. This year has brought many a new experience for our little family. Some good, some bad, some easy, some hard. I will tell you this though, that all of them were made better because of her. I have loved seeing her grow and develop this whole year.

We are here in California with my family for the holidays which means that they got to be apart of her first birthday. Justin's Parents also decided to drive over from Arizona to be a part of the festivities. The day started out great with her waking up in a great mood (which is actually pretty normal for her.) We sang to her right when she woke up. Then Justin and Davis went with his parents to Santa Monica while I was here making her cake and getting ready for the family party that night. They had a great time there, they danced to music, hugged dogs, and chased pigeons. While they were out I worked for hours on her cake, I had no idea how long it was going to take but it was worth it. I had a vision and surprisingly I was able to bring that vision to life. We had a lot of fun with all the family especially the cousins Ava and Seth.

We opened presents, she got clothes, books, blocks, and a little bike thing that she can ride around the house. Luckily her legs are long because they actually touch the ground. It was a great time. After presents we did the whole cake thing. I was looking forward to seeing her dig in and go crazy, but like the girl that she is she gently poked at it and ate it slowly. It was so cute and so Davis.

She is an absolute dream to have and a blessing to our family. She has the ability to bring happiness to whomever is around her. A gift that I hope I can help her cultivate and appreciate as she grows. We love her so much.
One year stats
Height: 31 inches (95+ percentile)
Weight: 19lbs 11ounces (45 percentile)
Head: 17 inches (50 Percentile)
PICTURES TO COME... STAY TUNED...

1 comment:

Case said...

haha she is almost as tall as brock! guess both of our kids got their daddy's genes!!