Sunday, March 1, 2009

A blessed girl!!

We blessed Davis in church this Sunday. It was so great to have so many loved ones with us for the special day. It started out great, Davis woke up in the best mood! We have church at 1pm so we had a lot of time to kill in the morning. She woke up at about eight and smiled all morning. My mom and I had to finish making all the food for the lunch we were having for our family and friends, so she just sat in her chair and smiled at everyone. Justin was awesome and played with her the whole morning while I was finishing up making rolls and dessert. He is such an amazing dad. He gave Davis the most beautiful blessing. He blessed her with great gifts of the spirit that will help in this life. I can't think of a better sight than seeing that beautiful little girl surrounded by the men that love her. My dad said that when they took her into the circle her eyes were wide open and she was just looking around so calm. It was as if her sensitive little spirit could feel the power of the priesthood surrounding her. After the blessing when Justin sat down she was smiling so big at him. When she smiles it melts my heart. I love my little family so much and I know that Justin blessed her with the gifts she will need to return to her father in heaven.



This is the beautiful dress she was blessed in. It is actually a dress that my grandma Hermansen made for me. My sister and I were both blessed in it, and now Davis wore it. It is gorgeous on her.


Justin's parents flew in that morning. Davis was excited to see grandma Debby and Grandpa Hutchins.

She is in Justin's arms.


She was so calm the whole morning, even with all the craziness of having a ton of people in the house.

Again this look tells it all. She was cool as a cucumber especially when she is looking over her dad's shoulder. She loves to be up high where she can see everything going on.

Since grandma Debby wasn't able to stay long she got as much time with Davis as she could. She was falling asleep and smiling in her arms. We all wish they could have stayed longer.



My grandpa Hermansen: my Dad's dad. He looked very sharp with the sweater vest under the suit look. I love my grandparents so much. I am so grateful that they made the drive up from Richfield to see Davis blessed and spend the day with us.

Hannah Robison and Nicole Koehler. Justin coached them in club for a couple years. They are also our future babysitters.


Grandma and Grandpa Hermansen. My grandma also looked very beautiful in her suit. She is the classiest lady I know. I hope Davis gets her strength and endurance in life. She is one tough cookie that is for sure. I love them!!!

Dad and Danielle. My sister was so helpful this weekend with everything we had to do. I love her so much and I am glad that we are able to see each other often these days.


My cousin Russel. I am so glad that he was able to make to the blessing. He is a college student so I am sure that this is the first home cooked meal in a while that he has gotten.


This picture is very special to me. We have picture just like this one with grandma holding me in that dress in my blessing day. I love my grandparents, I know I already said that but I really do.

The Hermansen clan. Four generations: my grandparents, my parents, me and now Davis. This is what we are here for... FAMILY!

Justin gettin' loved on by his dad and Jeff

Here is a better shot of the gorgeous dress.

Both sets of grandparents.

Us with Justin's parents. I have great in-laws, what a blessing they are to me.


Here we are, my little family. I love these two people more than I can express with words. My heart no longer belongs to me. It is now owned by these two amazing people. How I got so lucky I don't know.

More of my family. Half of us are still in church clothes and the other half are a little more comfortable.


It was such a great day filled with family and friends. I said earlier that day that it makes me sad to think that the world is trying so hard to diminish the roles of the family in our society. After a day like the one we just had I am reminded that this why we are here. What better place to learn how to love unconditionally, forgive again and again, and to put others before ourselves than in our families?

5 comments:

Megan said...

CONGRATS!! You ALL looked so good. Davis is just so beautiful in her dress.

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

I love Davis' dress! It is so beautiful! I so wish I could have been there :)

Heather and Spencer said...

Davis looks beautiful! I love that she is wearing the same dress you wore!

Shan Shea said...

just found your blog though superwife (i think, ive been online way too long today). and just a random coincidence. my name is shannon and my sisters name is danielle too. weeeird.

Erica said...

i LOVE her dress! it's probably the prettiest one i've ever seen. you guys are the cutest family.