Monday, February 23, 2009

Two Months






This is Davis at a week and a half old



Now Davis at two months old.


Even now as I look at these pictures I can't believe how much my little lady has grown. On Sunday someone made a comment about how small she was, I looked at them like they were crazy because to me she has changed so much.
Epiphany #2: Since having Davis and becoming a parent I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father. I understand a little better His love for us and the atonement. When we sin it is easy to feel like there is no way that we can be truly forgiven and that Heavenly Father will forget. Now, looking at Davis there is nothing in this world that she can do that will make me love her any less. Will it kill me to watch her make mistakes? Yes, but I will love her through them. I will also have open arms for her when she needs me. That is what Heavenly Father has for us always as well. Even in our darkest hour all He wants is for us to come to him. Looking at how our heavenly parents love us is the example we should follow. Teach correct principles and let them govern themselves. This will be hard and I will mess up but I have the atonement as the ultimate symbol of love.
Things she has done in her short two months:
* She sleeps through the night
*She smiles and coos at us all the time
* Her eyes are a lot more focused when she looks around
* Her little personality is starting to come through.
* She is so strong, she can lift her head and push herself up with her legs.
* She is awake a lot more and loves to play while laying on her back.
* She has grown like a weed (as you can see from the pictures)
* She actually likes bath time, or should I say loves it. She will be a little fish this summer in the pool.
Dad and I love you so much Davis. You have brought such a strong spirit into our home. I remember thinking when Dad and I got married that I could not remember a time without him. It just felt so natural to be with him. I feel this again with you. It is hard to remember a time when you weren't here in our home. It feels like you were always a part of our family, we just didn't know it yet. This two months has flown by and I look forward to every day that I get to watch you learn and experience all the greatness that this world has to offer you. We love you and will always take care of you.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love seeing the difference of her then and now. She's so tall and fills out that outfit more now. She's so precious and a really good baby.