Thursday, February 5, 2009




In following the example of my wonderful sister-Inlaw I am going to use this blog as a kinda of family journal. So that one day our children and grandchildren will have it to show their families. Davis is just over a month old now and it is already hard for me to remember a time without her. I have spent almost a year thinking, caring and loving her that is just seems natural now. We have been on vacation in California for a week and will be here for a couple more enjoying the warm weather and sunshine. While here Davis has really grown. She came fitting into certain outfits and now those outfits are a little snug. She was wearing size newborn diapers, and has moved into size one. She is awake more, and loves to lay on her blanket and kick her legs. She lays there and makes the cutest cooing noises and smiles and moves her head. She is so strong she holds her head up so well, and looks around taking in everything new. I can only imagine how exciting it all is. Everyday her eyes get a little clearer allowing her to experience more of the world. Now she finally enjoys bath time. I put her in the water and she turns into a little fish. She flaps her arms and kicks her legs with the most content look on her face. She is also sleeping so great, in fact last night she slept from 10 all the way until 5:30 in the morning. The hard part is not having Justin around to see these things with me. He is such a great dad and it has been really hard on him to not be able to have daddy Davis time. Being able to skype has made it easier because at least we can each other, rather than just talking on the phone. I can'

In these weeks I have had a few parenting epiphanies.
1. When our parents tells us they love so much they would do anything for us, they really mean it.
2. When parents see there children making decisions that will hurt them either physically or emotionally it literally breaks their heart. I now understand why, because you will always see your kids as the innocent perfect little babies that at one time only needed you for comfort. So at the time you hate your parents and think that they are just trying to hurt you. What is really happening is they love you so much they can't watch you do something they know will hurt you and them.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I realized those same things after I had Ella. I felt so guilty for anything wrong I had ever done to my parents. It is amazing how you have a whole new understanding of unconditional love and how protective you feel. It's an even more real glimpse at how Heavenly Father must feel about each of us. You are already a fantastic mom!

Heather and Spencer said...

Davis looks so cute in the picture you used here! Again, I am very jealous over her sleeping so well!