Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break

Last week was spring break for UVU so we got to have Justin home every day. We definitely made the most of having him home and having beautiful weather. It was in the 60's almost 70 everyday and man, did we need it. This has been a long Winter and we are ready for Spring. Anyway we started the week off by going on walks, one of which was up Provo canyon to the falls. It was beautiful!!! It felt so good to have the sun on my face and my toes hanging out of my Rainbows. We didn't want the sun in Davis' eyes so we put some sunglasses on her and I got a picture, it was the cutest thing. Also, Justin got a little excited and decided to do some offroading with the stroller. It was built for tough terrain but I don't know our baby was. The next day we took Davis up to the Hogel zoo. She is still way little but I figured it is never too early to get them used to going out and learning new things. We showed her and talked about the animals. She was awake for most of the time and I think she actually liked all the visual stimulation. We have made it a goal to talk to her like we would anyone else as much as possible. NO baby talk! She really got talkative at the elephants and Zebras. It was so cute. I doubt it was because of the animals but it was still cute. It was the funniest thing when we went by the gorillas and one was trying to drink out of a big Gatorade bottle. After a while of getting frustrated he finally got the cap off the bottle and went to town. It was so funny to watch. I am so grateful that I have such a great family. When we weren't going to the zoo or walking we were hanging at the playground that is right outside our door. I would take Davis out in her bouncy chair to nap while I read to her in the sun. Sunshine makes me so happy and I hope I pass my love for the outdoors onto her. No TV or video games, I want my kids to love God's beautiful earth and all his creations.

We had so much fun spending the week together and being outside. Justin is such a great dad and Davis loves having him around. Her face lights up like Christmas whenever she sees him. Being a dad and the provider for a family isn't easy, that is why I am so grateful that he works so hard at both. I wish we could have him home all the time because everything is better when Dad is around.
Daddy Davis swing time


As you can tell she is really afraid of the fake wooden snake. (Justin really liked this toy)

This was near the end of zoo trip and Davis is OUT! As you can see the weather was so nice even a light sweater was not necessary.

Gatorade drinking for aforementioned gorilla.

Daddy and Davis looking at the Meerkats in the small animal exhibit. We also saw the cutest little monkeys. They came right up to the glass and where Davis could actually see them.


More Daddy Davis at the penguins
ZEBRAS!! She loved them and they were so funny. That one kept picking up his food bowl and throwing it in the air. I think he was hungry and getting angry that his bowl was still empty.
Giraffe... that's all I have to say about that.


Elephants, they were playing really cool music and we stood for a while. Davis was so awake and alert.

Justin offroading with the stroller and our three month old baby. She is already an adrenaline junkie.

The walk up Provo canyon is my favorite .


Cute little coy smile. Everything this girls does is so girly.

Mommy and Davis at the falls

Daddy and Davis. She was holding up her fist so Justin did it too. (baby power)

Here are the shades. Man she is one cooooool baby. It is so great that she has Justin's personality and is laid back. That way I get to do stuff like this to her and she doesn't freak out.

Wearing dads hat to keep the sun off her face.


More swing time fun time. Again I am glad that she is laid back and lets us do this stuff with her. I just hope she stays super chill and doesn't get my high strung anxiety-ridden personality.
It was a great week that went too fast. With Summer just around the corner I will look forward to many more days like these. (so Summer hurry up and get here)

No comments: