Monday, March 9, 2009

I have been slacking on the blogging these past few days. So here is everything to get caught up on. I will go from the most recent, which is today. Recently, we have had great weather, so great, I have been going on walks and wearing Capri's again. Well today that all ended and Utah lived up to it's reputation. (for those who don't know they say if you don't like the weather in Utah wait five minutes and it will change) It was kind of cloudy all day and then at about 4pm it started dumping snow. In about an hour we got a few inches. I will miss the partly green but mostly brown grass. I have also decided that during the day I will not turn the T.V. on. I thought it would be hard but it is surprisingly easy. I get so much more done, and our house is way more peaceful. I read to Davis (currently we are in the middle of a novel by one of my favorite authors.) We listen to John Schmidt piano music ( I am determined to make Davis a concert pianist). I never thought that I would like being a stay at home mom and was a little worried in the beginning, but I really love it. Now I am just grateful that get the chance to be home all day with Davis. Being a mom is great! I think everyone should do it!



Justin In the snow. If he looks confused he is, what happened to the warm weather?
The other night we were out late so we started her bedtime routine a little later than we usually do. Apparently we don't need the routine to get her to sleep well. It was so cute- she would half open her eyes make this little whimper sound the go back to sleep. Sometimes she is so cute I could eat her (Get in my belly!)

This last weekend the girls that Justin has coached the last two years had a tournament. They were playing only ten minutes from our house so I decided to pack up Davis and head up there to watch them. I figure it can't hurt to get her used to being in a gym.(it will be her life) It was so great to see all the parents of the girls Justin used to coach. I spent most of the time with our great friends the Koehlers. Davis was great about being passed around and handled all day. I love that she is such a happy baby and just smiles when people get her face. A sister of one of the players was there with her son and it was cute to see him interact with Davis. He had this little stuffed duck that he would put up to her face like the duck was giving Davis a kiss. It was really cute (we were telling him to do it, but it was still cute.) The girls of course did very well and won their age group. Unfortunately Justin had to be in Viewmont filling in for one of our coaches who was out of town. It was great though to be out of the house and have so many adult conversations and feel like a member of the human race.

This is a picture of the Dads shagging for girls during warm ups. It is so cute they are so supportive of their daughters and take their job so seriously. As soon as warm ups start they all go running down and get in position so the girls don't have do extra running after the balls. Good thing they are all athletic.





Finally on Friday I was having one of those where I was in the zone. I cleaned the whole house bathrooms included, did all the laundry, made dinner, made a cake, and decorated it. I was really proud of myself so I took a picture of it. Justin works so hard to provide for us that my goal is to keep our house as peaceful and comfortable for us all. That way when we are all together all our attention can be on making memories.

1 comment:

Brooke and Justin said...

It was great to see you! YAY blog buddies! I need to spend some more time with Davis! She is so beautiful!