Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunshine and Reno

We have been lucky to have a few days of gorgeous weather. We are talking 70's with not a cloud in the sky. I have tried to take advantage of it every time I can. Davis and I have been going for walks in Provo canyon and sitting outside reading in the sunshine. My favorite thing I own right now is the bumbo it has made it so easy for me to do more things with her. She will sit in it outside while I read and talk to her. She leans over and tries to touch the grass. I love watching her learn about all the great things this world has to offer her. I wish I could remember how it felt to feel grass for the first time or the sun on my face for the first time. It must so exciting to her and it makes me wish she could talk so she could tell me how it feels.

Grass!!!!


Sleeping in the sun. She really is her mothers daughter.


This is comfort right here.





Doesn't she just look so interested in the book we are reading.

This last weekend Justin had to go to Reno with a couple of our younger teams for a volleyball tournament. Since they were taking a bus we decided to pack up everyone and go on a little vacation. Some people may think that we are nuts taking our 4 month old on a nine hour bus ride with 20 15 year old girl. Well I thought we were too as we got started but we just went with it. And if i wasn't convinced that we have the best baby ever I am now!!!!! She is amazing she was awake most of the time there and got fussy only once when we went up hill and her ears were popping. She just smiled and hung out for the whole nine hours. When we got to Reno we checked into the hotel and let Davis kick around for a little while before we went to practice. Again she just let us take her all over and never made a fuss. She let everyone hold her and get in her face. We just laid a mattress on the floor and she slept her regular 12 hours. And did I mention that she was still able to take her naps and sleep in the convention center with 300 screaming teenage girls. Our teams did really really well, they finished 5th and 13th in the whole tournament. Not to mention that they both stared ranked in the 60's out of 70 teams. So I would say that they exceeded expectations. It was so fun to watch them win some good matches, some that were really close nail biters. It was also fun to get to know the mom's of the girls better too. It was fun to hear all there funny stories about raising kids and also get some great advice from woman who have been in my shoes before. On the second day most of the mom, Justin and I went to the Atlantis for sushi. I love sushi and I couldn't go last year because I was pregnant so I was so excited to go. Now I have to say the ride home was even easier than the ride there we left Reno at about 4pm. We kept Davis awake for a couple hours then did her routine minus bath time fun time, and then she went to sleep for the rest of the way home. We watched chick flicks all the way there and home. (oh except for the last part of the drive when everyone was asleep and Justin put on cool runnings) "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Twilight, 13 Going On 30, Step It Up, Altogether it was a great weekend full of good food, funny stories, grumpy bus driver, and great company. I feel so blessed to have such a great daughter that allows us to do things like this. I love her so much!!!

Sleeping on the bus
This girl can sleep anywhere and in any position. When she is tired it doesn't matter where she is she sleeps.


My fave

Big blues
He can try but she will never drink that Satan juice.

Napping in dads arms in the loud gym

Again sleeping in Dad's arms on the bus
Big Blues again... This is pretty much her mood on the drive there.

Justin can always get her to smile.

1 comment:

Pete&Laurie said...

You are such an amazing photographer! Also, I am jealous of your perfectly behaved baby. Maya is one of those girls who wants things just so (kinda like her mom) and gets grumpy if it's not (kinda like her dad!). I guess our parents got their revenge! I love her heaps all the same.