Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 weeks




Davis has her two week visit yesterday, and she is still doing great! She weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 22 inches long. All of her vitals were good. They had to prick her foot to get blood to do her pku tests, she did not like that. She also hated having to be undressed for the visit. Everything looked good and she is still eating and sleeping great. We are so happy that our little girl is healthy and happy. Well she is happy as long as she is covered and being cuddled. I can't wait until we can start to take her out more and do fun stuff.




All we have blogged about is Davis so I think it is time to give an update on what Justin and I are doing. Club and School is starting for Justin which means that he does not get to spend much time at home. He does make sure that when he is home he gets daddy and Davis time. He gets to have her to himself while I get to workout and get ready. Justin is so amazing and helpful he is such a great dad I just love him. He is starting his last semester of school and we are excited that the end is near. (finally) It was weird when Monday rolled around and I didn't go back to school, I miss the kids. It is funny I can look at the clock and know exactly what they are doing in the classroom and probably predict exactly what is happening. I am loving being a mom though. It was hard for me to picture life as a mom, it was never something that I thought a whole lot about until it was right in front of me. But now that I am one I can't think of a more natural thing for me to be doing. I love just looking at her she is the coolest thing. I also love that for now I am the most important person in her life. Right now I am the one that she needs to survive, I know that will change as she grows but for now it is a pretty awesome feeling.

4 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

Glad to hear things are going really well! It cracks me up that at 2 weeks your little lady still weighs less than my guy when he was born! I cant say I missed work so much after I had Ryan, I think I missed the social aspect of it the most. But now that Ryan is saying mama/mom, I couldnt care less about not working! I love all the updates and pictures of Davis, keep them coming!

Erica said...

What a good girl! Sleeping and eating like a champ. That's awesome that you guys have already worked out a schedule for you to have your alone time and for Justin to take care of Davis...so important. Sounds like you guys are well on your way to being fantastic parents!

dallins said...

Congratulations you guys! I haven't checked out the blog scene for awhile and look what I missed! She is adorable and I am so glad that everthing went well for you! Good luck with motherhood! You guys are great!

ash

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Shannon, Davis is beautiful! Glad everything went so well with the delivery! Are you really "working out" now? What a woman! Glad you have such a supportive husband! I'm right there with you with having him be gone so much for the "last semester" deal. Not fun but at least you will have Davis to keep you company. I will be SO glad when I don't have to work anymore. I'm counting down the days...

So, where did you get the name Davis from? Davis Beck was in Ryan's grade at school and she's the only female Davis I know. (I have a nephew named Davis.) I think its a great name either way.

Congrats, again!

Love, Brandi