Thursday, December 25, 2008

Welcome Davis Emma Hutchins



She's Here!! I thought that I was going to be pregnant forever but on Dec 23 at about 2:30 in the morning I knew it was close to being over. That is when I started having contractions. We waited it out for about 2 hours until they were 3 min apart and went to the hospital. I waited that long because I was not about to get my hopes up just to be sent home, if I was going, they were going to keep me. I checked in got an IV an epidural all with about 40 min of arriving. They called my doctor he came and I was at a 3 still so he broke my water and then we waited. The nurse was getting me ready for a long process, telling me, first time moms usually take awhile so be patient. That was at about 7:30. The epidural was perfect Justin and I just chilled and fell asleep. About 9:30 they came to check me and woke us up, I was an 8 and fully effaced so they said they would give me a half hour to "relax and descend" which means that they were going to let her drop as much on her own as possible, (less work for me). They came back at 10:oo with all the gear and respiratory team I started pushing and she was out at 10:18. She was 7lb 15oz and 21 inches long. This is probably going to sound weird but it was not that hard. I had the perfect epidural of course and would do it no other way, but It was not that bad. I never thought that it would be that fast, and apparently my doctor didn't either.




The whole thing was so amazing and I just thank heavenly father that she is healthy and strong. It was such a relief when they gave her to me with ten LONG toes and fingers and beautiful blue eyes. I just hope now that Justin and I can love and take care of her the way Heavenly Father wants us to. Sometimes when she is sleeping she gets this grin on her face and I wonder if she is remember what the savior looks like, because just a tiny bit ago she was up there with him. This whole thing truly is a miracle and has strengthened my testimony so much already. I am grateful for the Gospel, and the knowledge that this perfect little lady is mine and Justin's for eternity, I know that blessings like these only come from and through our heavenly father and his perfect gosple.

*** more pics to come but I am getting some sleep now.





6 comments:

Case said...

she is beautiful!! how soon can we come see you guys? text us and let us know how soon you are up for visitors...

Heather and Spencer said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! I love her little lips! Glad to hear things went so well for you!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Now you guys have the perfect little family! She looks so much like you Shannon! I am so happy for you guys.

Brittnie said...

Congrats! We are so excited for your guys! She is a beautiful baby-the perfect Christmas gift!

Miriam Herm said...

I love that picture up top. And I loved your testimony. How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

We're so happy it went easy for you. We know you don't have much tlerance for discomfort. Now the adventure (family) really begins. Enjoy it!