Monday, December 1, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Wow it has been way too long since a post (thank molly for getting my butt in gear!) Things have busy busy busy. I can't believe all that has happened in the last two months, needless to say we are now two weeks from little Davis being here and things are crazy.



I am going to do this starting with the least most recent to the most recent events... here we go...


Back in Sept. we said goodbye to our precious kiwi. Daniel finished his summer of coaching and hopped the pond back to London. We offered to let him stay and be our manny (manny Danny) as tempting as that offer was he went back to London. We miss him a ton and can't wait for him to come again this summer hopefully for a lot longer stay!


My little sister Danielle the beautiful girl in the middle moved up to Rexburg Idaho to finish college. She got her associates degree from a junior college in California where she also played volleyball, then transferred. I am so proud of her, she works so hard and and has the purest heart and greatest loyalty of anybody I know. She is amazing and I am so glad that she is just a short drive away. I was able to visit her on mothers weekend and see how she lives life in Idaho... We had a ton of fun just hanging out and staying up late talking.



Here we are after her volleyball game. It was so fun to see her play, she is such a stud. They killed the other team of course.


About a week after I got home from my visit to Rexburg I hopped a plane for the last time until this pregnancy is over and went to Arizona. The plan was to spend the time with my sister in law Sharisa who was also pregnant at time shopping and talking baby stuff. Plans kinda changed though when the day before I came out she had a c-section. That was okay with me though. She had him on Oct. 16 she named him Merrick Ryan, he is gorgeous. He did have a small tear in his lung so he was in the nursery for a couple days which kept us from being able to see him as much as we would have liked. I did get to hold him and spend time with him and Sharisa before I left. I also got to spend a lot of time with my sister in law Erica and nieces Ella and Ruby. Erica is the best mom I have ever seen and will be such a great resource for me and Justin as we start raising our Little lady. She and my mother in law also threw a baby shower for me and Sharisa who was in the hospital still with her baby so it was just me. It was so fun though and I love Justin's side of the family. They are the sweetest people and I can't wait for our little lady to meet them.


Here is Ella she has personality just bursting out of her. I loved every minute of playing tea party and watching kid shows with her. I hope that her and Davis will be very close.


Little ruby she is equally as cute but a little more low key than Ella, they are the perfect mix.



This is quite possibly My favorite picture of the weekend. We went to a buffet for lunch and this little girl took her eating very seriously. (anyone who knows Richard knows that she gets this trait from him. She was very sick of me taking pictures while she was trying to devoure that ice-cream cone)


Erica and I also took the girls to this great kids museum where they played for hours. It was the best place. The museum had a ton of interactive toys and things to climb on. It was so fun watching them play.


We didn't get many pictures from the actual baby shower, all of us got caught up talking and hanging out so I only have the before pictures of the food and cute decorations that Erica made.






Oh and did I mention that my wonderful husband surprised me by showing up to spend the last two days with me and his family. This was such a great surprise we are so busy all the time that we don't get many vacations or weekends free for that matter.
And here are some more pictures from the great week I had with the Hutchins family. I love them.




After my many weekends of parting it was back to regular life of working hard and getting little sleep. There is an upside to being so busy it has helped the end of this pregnancy go by really fast. Our excitement is growing exponentially everyday. A few weeks ago we finally got the room painted with the chair rail up. Our close friends came down with all the right tools and helping hands and we got the room done in one day. (Painted and all.) We also put the crib together and got it in the room. It turned out so cute, the colors looked better on the wall than I had expected.






Here are the guys working very hard as you can see. But seriously they did such a beautiful job!!



Justin got to use us tools and manly skills to put together little lady's crib. It is absolutely gorgeous and we are grateful to my parents for such a great gift to Davis. She will sleep in style.





I know that I have forgotten a lot of stuff but I hope that this was enough to give you an idea of what we have been up to in the last two months. There is a lot more to come as the days wind down to Davis being in our home.

6 comments:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

What?? An update? I am shocked right now! haha, I can't believe that she is almost here! I cannot wait to meet her and to see you guys. Good job on paintig her room, it's adorable :)

Miriam Herm said...

Yay! you blogged! the room looks so cute!

Pete&Laurie said...

You better not forget to blog after she gets here! It's the only way I get to see pictures of all my cousins' babies. Plus, I'm pretty excited about having my own in February, and seeing other pregnant ladies having their babies makes me giddy!

Heather and Spencer said...

Yea for updating! Davis' room looks great! Good luck with these last few days! Hope everything goes well with the delivery! Keep me updated with pictures when the baby comes!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you're back in the game. We love the updates and pics (and you). Now keep it up!

Case said...

I'm soooo glad you guys finally blogged! And congrats on the baby...let us know when we can come and meet her. I love the room and I'm quite jealous of the stroller!