Friday, August 1, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!


Justin and I are totally perma-a-grin right now. We are so excited for our little girl to join our family. Up to this point pregnancy has been rather surreal for me, I haven't felt much different, I don't look much different, and so it hasn't been real. We went to the doctor last week to find out but didn't which was disappointing. Then we had to reschedule for after I was done with the volleyball camps in three weeks, so I was really sad. I am not a fan of surprises at all so it has been killing me to not know what we are having. Anyway I left for my camp in Washington and Justin went to dinner with some friends and they told him about a place called fetal photos. It is a place where you can go and pay a flat rate and a licensed OB gives an ultrasound and tells you what you are having. So I decided I had to know, we made an appointment for Friday afternoon (which is today) for when I got home. Justin picked me up from the airport, we went out to lunch with a friend and then straight over to find out what our little baby is.
It's amazing how up to this point it has been surreal but when she showed up on that screen and we could see her face and hands, feet and fingers wow. She was sleeping when we started and so we were moving my stomach to wake her up. When I moved she would curl up her hands and cover her face, she was tired and didn't want mom to bother her. She was so cute she yawned and stretched a couple times. Whoa it is crazy to say her and she aww. Her heart looked great and was beating strong, the spine was well developed, and the brain looks good. That is was what really mattered to us. Now the fun can really begin watch out everything pink!
I love my little girl so much, I just can't wait to see her in person. Seeing her on that screen made me so happy I am going to be a mom to beautiful girl what will hopefully have Justin's temperament and my athleticism (and no I didn't mix those two up). I just hope that we can teach her and love her they way our heavenly father wants her to be. It is amazing how this morning I woke and looked at motherhood and parenting totally different, now I can picture raising my beautiful baby girl. I am so grateful that I have a husband who will be a great father. I love him so much he has the best blessing of my life. Justin is amazing and I am so excited to raise our eternal family together. I love you little girl!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! I get the best of both worlds from you and Sharisa.... I can buy cute girl AND boy stuff!

I'm so so so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet her. Do you have any ideas for names???

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

That is such a great picture of her. She sounds like she is going to be such a great baby. I'm so excited for our girls to play together. I'm so happy for you guys :)

Dick&Erica said...

Hip hip hooray! We had to go to a Fetal Fotos place with Ella too. She was being very modest during the ultrasound. As you already found out, girls are way fun to shop for! You guys will be such great parents to her. How exciting to feel the reality of starting your family. Now on to the belly pictures (if you're even showing yet)!

We love you! We're excited for our new niece.

Heather and Spencer said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Now you will just have to move back here and our kids can be friends!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yeah! Finally! I swear that I am going to find a free minute to call you..I promise! But I am so glad that you finally found out!!

Unknown said...

We're so happy for you guys (and us). We can't wait to play with our little girl. She is going to have a fun and exciting life. You guys have prepared yourselves well for this huge responsibility. So congratulations and stay healthy.

Grandpa Hermansen

brett&novella said...

Congratulations!! We are both so happy for you and SO jealous of Chris and Kristine, just remember there is free baby sitting here :) We love you and are very proud of you, what a lucky little girl to have such wonderful parents!!