Wednesday, August 20, 2008

3 years and counting...

On August 12th we celebrated our three year wedding anniversary. I was in New jersey and Justin was here. It wasn't the best way to spend our anniversary but when we talked that night it was so fun to think back on all the things we have done and accomplished together in three years. It is weird how it has only been three years but it is hard to remember a time when I didn't have Justin with me. Life has been so wonderful since meeting and marring him. We have done a lot of cool things together, traveled the country together, coached together and the best part of all is that we are now having a little baby together. He makes me laugh everyday and feel so good about myself.( especially now that I feel like a big fatty now a days).




Since as I said before we were apart on our actual anniversary we celebrated this week instead by going out to dinner at our favorite place Cafe Rio and then going to a Jack Johnson concert. It was so fun! Justin surprised me by calling me during class saying that he was getting the tickets and we were going later that night. He picked me up after school and we headed up there to eat which was of course good, because of all the traveling I hadn't had Cafe Rio in a couple months so it was GOOD!! The concert started at 7 and the doors opened at 5 so we got there at like 4:45. We got our place on the lawn and just chilled for a few hours, it was just great to be able to sit with Justin talk and just be together.


Justin and I finally broke down and bought a new camera which makes me so happy. It feels so good to have a way to document all the exciting things that are happening right now in our life.


This is before the underage drunk slutty girls with Gross guys hanging on them came in and sat right next to us. The music was great but it as I watched these guys buy the girls all the beer they wanted and then take advantage of the lack of inhabitions, my mind was drawn to our soon to be status of parents to a little girl. I now know why my parents were always so worried when we left the house and wanted to know everything that I was doing. Our little gal isn't even here yet and I have already had a lot of "now I know why they did that" they being my parents. I want the best for her but I know looking around and seeing how bad the world is getting that we have our work cut for us. Our number on job right now is to make sure that our home is a refuge from that world.



Since this is our little girls first concert we decided that she needed something to remember it by. They were selling these and it wasn't that bad cost wise. It is blue so when she wears it I will put a matching blue flower head band on her when she wears it. Our girl is going to be the coolest little girl ever. My mom and dad have even gotten her a surf board tummy time mat. So even though we don't have a beach here we are going to make her California girl at heart( just like her mom).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY I LOVE YOU!!! With so many more to come I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

5 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

congratulations on the anniversary!

while in new jersey ryan met a "playa" and (you can imagine this, since he's your brother) quizzed the guy to death about how a playa thinks and what he does. ryan said he did this so he can train ava to spot them and shoot them. it's funny how much better you understand your parents once you become one.

ps you look great!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

So cute!! And look at your bump!

Case said...

i love the t-shirt!! i'm soo jealous! my bro was at the concert too...no fair!!

Dick&Erica said...

jack johnson? i'm jel.

and i'm really afraid of raising girls too.

Pete&Laurie said...

That onesie is so cute! I wish I knew whether I was having a boy or a girl. I haven't bought anything yet except a co-sleeper for baby. I wanna go shopping so bad!

I haven't hit panic mode yet, but I'm sure it's on its way. Oh, and I too am jealous that you got to see Jack Johnson. Lucky.