Friday, July 25, 2008

The Gentle Giant


While Sharisa was here I got a call from my sister informing me that my uncle Calvin my mom's oldest brother had past away. He had a heart attack while home by himself. My uncle Cal and aunt Ruth were the best examples to our family of how to love and care and be totally selfless. My mom's dad past away when she was about 16 and he brother Cal stepped right in and helped is mom take care of the nine other children in the family. I have the fondest memories of visiting them often in Newbury Park and playing in their big bonus room up stairs. He was always showing us his cool gun collection and teaching us how to shoot a bow and arrow. He was a big strong guy with an even bigger heart. His legacy lives on with his beautiful sweet wife my wonderful aunt Ruth Hair, His son Jesse who has the best sense of humor of anybody I have ever met, and his daughter Karen with her adorable little boy with one on the way.


It is so great to know that families are forever and that my grandma and grandpa have their oldest son with them again in heaven. I love my family everyone of them and will miss uncle Cal an hope that we can all work on being more like him.

No comments: