Friday, July 25, 2008

Week with the preggos

The day after we picked Daniel up from the airport we got to go back to pick up my sister in law sharisa who came out for a visit. She took a week out from work to come and keep me company and do a little shopping. She is also pregnant, she is about 6 weeks ahead of me and they are having a boy. We spent the week talking laughing, cooking and shopping.

Some Highlights:
** Earlier that week Justin finally got the movie he had been for from Netflix. Side Out it is a volleyball movie that was made in the 80's. When I say 80's i mean 80's big hair, lots and lots of neon, stone washed jeans, and pants to the armpits. Anyway Sharisa thought that it would be fun if we made dinner and themed it after the movie. We made Zack Barnes zucchini, cutty chicken, Sparkling shotty soda. There were others but I can't remember them right now

** Sitting around in our pajamas until 1 in the afternoon.

**Going to Park City and shopping all day. I found some great jeans. I really found two pairs and wanted both but decided to get one because of the price. I get to the register and they end up being half the price so I got two pairs of designer jeans for the price of one. WHOO HOO. Then as we were walking down main street we were talking about trying to find a Bella Band. It is a band that goes around your waist it keeps your pants up even when they are unbuttoned and unzipped. That way you can wear you regular jeans your whole pregnancy. Well just as we were trying to think of places that sell them we walked into a store and not a baby store, and there they were. So Sharisa got one after just saying that she wanted one really bad.

** We scoured the valley for stores that had cute baby boy stuff. Trust us there is just not a lot of things for boys that are cute. You can even ask Daniel we dragged him around with us one day. We told him that while we were out we could by a phone store so he could put minutes on his phone. The funny thing is we didn't even do that we got caught up with shopping for baby stuff and totally forgot. (sorry Daniel, but hey what a trooper he was.)

** We found the best little boutique called Dear Lizzie it made me hope that I was having a girl. All the stuff they had was amazing and beautiful, even the cupcakes. But we didn't get a cupcake, we forgot to. Oh well we'll have to do that next time she comes to visit.

** Watching our husbands play volleyball together for the first time. It was great to be in the sun and Justin and Brock did really well for the first time playing together. We had a great BBQ afterwards, steak potato's, corn on the cob, and salad it was wonderful. Friends family and good food a perfect vacation.

It was nice to be able to spend so much time with Sharisa. She is a beautiful, smart, kind, caring person. I really enjoyed having her here and wish what her and Brock lived closer so we could spend even more time together. I can't until both our babies are born in know they will be close.

4 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

I used to think there weren't many cute boy clothes either...now I love them! I don't usually dress Ryan in baby-like clothes, my mom calls what I dress him in "little man" clothes. Babies'R'Us has a lot of really cute "little man" clothes! I think my current fav outfit of his is his new surfer shirt and matching shorts with his flip flops! So cute! I guarantee if you have a boy, you will start to see cute boy clothes everywhere!

Heather and Spencer said...

When do you find out what you are having?

Dick&Erica said...

Yeah, when do you find out what you're having?!

I'm so glad you and Sharisa had such a fun visit. How exciting to be pregnant at the same time. Old Navy has lots of cute boy stuff too - not just baseballs and trucks on everything. And hooray for your two-for-one jeans! Surprise sales are the best.

And "Side Out" is totally Justin's style. Just have him do the Vanilla Ice dance for you.

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Oh you are so cute! I so want to come back and just stay so we can cook and shop everyday :) I had so much fun, thanks! :)