Sunday, January 6, 2008

Boys will be boys

My little brother Michael is moving up to Utah to attend BYU. Justin and I went yesterday to move in some of his stuff, and I was reminded why men need woman so badly. We go to the door and knocked, after a couple of minutes a young man answers looking like we might have gotten him out of bed. (this was at 1:30 in the afternoon) We tell him why we are here and go get the stuff from the car. When I walk in there is a strange aroma permeating the apartment which can only be described as non-human. There is a single couch, and a TV in the living room. In the place of a dining table (because what human eats a table) there is a drum set, and a ping pong table up against the wall. I probably could tell you everything that had been cooked for the last two weeks, it was all still in the pans in the sink. Anyway we make our way back to the bedroom where my brother will be living, and there is the smell again. I can only hope that it does originate from that room for his sake. This is the part where I really start to feel for my brother, There are two beds and a desk crammed into a little tiny room, so what is the logical solution... BUNK BEDS! That is right my brother is going to back to his childhood days of having to share a bunk bed. When we look closely we realize that both beds are still made. I guess one of the guys was moving out that day. His stuff was of course all over the room so we could barely even walk. So we cleared a little spot in the corner and left my brother stuff there. It was sad there was my brothers stuff stacked in the corner of this smelly room in this dirty apartment where he is going to reside for at least two semesters. Now I know that not all woman are neat and tidy, but this apartment desperately needs a woman's touch.

2 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

I have vivid memories of a couple of apartments Justin lived in that sound exactly the same. At least you didn't look in the bathroom...I can guarantee you it was filthy!

Miriam Herm said...

boys ARE disgusting. And gross. I went to one boy's apartment when I was single in utah and i never di it again after that. we'd just stay outside or hang out at my apartment. poor michael (even though he probably won't notice)