Monday, January 28, 2008

You Will Be Missed President Hinckley


Our beloved prophet Gordon B Hinkley past away last night, there are mixed feelings. He is the only prophet that I can remember taking counsel from, so I think of him as my prophet. So I am very sad that I will not here from again on this earth. On the other hand I can only imagine the reception that he has received in heaven. He has missed his wife so dearly since she passed I am sure that they are happy to be together forever now. I love president Hinckley so much, and I am sad that my children won't know him as their prophet, but he couldn't Live forever.

This has reminded me of how strong my testimony is and the truthfulness of the gosple. Yes we lost our beloved and adored prophet but another will be called and he will be just as inspired as Hinckley. The work will go on and Christ will still be the head of the church. It has also reminded me how amazing eternal families are, if Justin and I live rightously we can be together through eternity. I love my church and hope that I can follow President Hinckley's example of selfless service and love. The church is True!
“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Hey, I heard you two are moving out of your condo?? Send pics of the new place!!