Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another year older and wiser too!!



We celebrated Justin's birthday this weekend. His actual birthday was this past Monday Dec. 10th but because we had school and work and had just gotten back from Kansas we just went out dinner. His favorite place to eat is the Happy Sumo. It is the only place here to get good sushi. For past birthdays I have felt bad because in the month of Dec we have Justin's birthday his dad's birthday and Christmas. We happen to be poor college students so Justin has gotten jipt a little on past birthdays. This year I wanted to do something cool for him. Salt Lake just barely got their first cheesecake factory restaurant. For those who know this place it is sooo good, I have missed it terribly since living here in Utah. So I took Justin out to dinner there, it was all that we hoped it would be. Now I am not a very creative person but I wanted to do something special, so since we didn't have time to go out of town I got a nice hotel in Salt Lake and we just had a nice night away from home. After dinner I blind folded him and drove to the hotel, I am sure it looked funny to anyone who saw it. I kept him blind folded all the way to the room. I was horrible though I kept forgetting to tell him when there were steps. (sorry honey) Earlier that day after work I went and put cake, presents and Apple cider in the room. When we got there he took off the blind fold and saw everything. He was totally surprised!! He had no idea when he was blind folded what we were doing, I am glad that for once my plan actually worked. We had a lot fun and Justin finally got a birthday he deserved.( he got some pretty cool stuff too, including Transformers the movie.)



A birthday tribute to Justin...
I am so blessed that i have such a wonderful husband. He is the most patient person on the face of the earth. If there is only enough milk for one bowl of cereal he always lets me have it. That is a big deal because he loves cereal. He is constantly thinking of other people. He always listens to me even when I go off on my impassioned political rants. He is kind. I think that says a lot about a person. In an increasingly narcissistic world for someone to be genuinely kind is amazing. He works so hard to be a great husband, even when he is tired from school coaching and work he manages to come home and still make time for me. He is also a great spiritual leader in our home, this is something that means a lot to me. When things are crazy he constantly reminds me to have an eternal perspective. He really is one of those good people in the world. I am so lucky that I have him, and that together we can learn and grow and someday raise a family. Finally, He loves me for me and that means the world. I love you Honey, Happy Birthday!!


2 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

Happy Birthday Justin! I tried calling the other day, but it just rang and rang forever. Maybe I have the wrong phone number. Did you get the package we sent?!

Good job on the fun birthday Shannon! We love Cheesecake Factory too. They just got one here in Buffalo and that's our favorite place.

And I totally agree that Justin is the most genuinely kind person on the planet. He truly is amazing!

Miriam Herm said...

yay for justin (and dude, shannon, miss best wife of the year award goes to you!)!!

love both you guys, and happy birthday! see you on friday!