Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Halloween is so much better with a little baby. Davis was such a goo sport and let me torture her with a big costume and tons of traditions. I found her costume at target ad decided that it just was to regular for our little girl. So we added a sparkly collar, bows on the ears and tail, bracelet around her wrist, and earrings of course. Every puppy needs earrings. I had to work on Friday so Justin took her to our ward trunk or treat. he said it was good but the ground was wet so he just carried her and gt candy.
Saturday We went up to our friends house to trick or treat. I was so excited when their door started ringing and I knew it was close to Davis' first Halloween. We put her in her costume again and she actually did really well and just walked around. I took her to the doors and Justin held the video camera. The first couple doors I just held her so we didn't freak her out right away. She did great and Everyone was so sweet. After the first couple I put her down and she stood there all by herself (I was there with her of course). When the door would open they put the candy bowl down so she could grab her own. Then she would take a couple steps and get her candy. I was shocked she was good she stood there and only grabbed one candy.
I let her hold onto a snickers bar while we were walking. She was just chewing on it and I didn't think that she would be able to break open the wrapper. We had just walked in the door when I realized that she was really sucking the candy. I took it out of her mouth and sure enough there was a hole in the wrapper. To my dismay this was her first experience with candy. It was small but she still had a pretty funny reaction to it. It was about an hour and a half later and the chocolate caused a little bit of a poo-explosion. It has been so long since she has blown out a diaper that it took my totally off guard. I didn't have an extra change of cloths for her to wear. We stripped her down and got her in the bath tub. Every also had a great time laughing at me as I gagged. After her impromptu bath Nicole was sweet and let us use a shirt of hers that we tied in the back so it would stay on. She actually looked really cute walking around in this dress of a shirt. She was also wired for the next little while. When we finally got home she crashed so hard, all I had to do was walk in her dark room and she was out.
It was a great first Halloween. I love my family!


After the chocolate kicked in she was walking around waving her arms and making noise.


Mimicking dad and the sounds he was making. This is her favorite game.

Every so often she gives me this face when I am taking her picture. I think I might be talking to many if she already hates having her picture taken.


Again after the candy kicked in. She was pushing the empty candy bowl around for a while.


Before the chocolate. She was almost out while sitting with me. She was holding the heart on her costume like that the whole time. SO adorable.

Mommy and Puppy.

First Halloween family pic. You can see the bows on the ears really well in this picture. She was such a trooper all night.


Little Eskimo hat. I am actually excited for winter because she has the cutest winter clothes to wear. Thanks you grandma Kristine for all sweet duds.

Before the trunk or treat




This is just a cute picture of her waking up from her nap. She asleep hugging her stuffed animal. She loves to cuddle with her animals and hold them so tight. It melts my heart every time I see her do it.



No comments: